On July 6, 2011, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) published the 2011 -2013 work program for the Forum on Exchange of Information on Enforcement of the REACH and CLP Regulations. The program lists the Forum’s current and upcoming activities, a description of the activities, the expected time frame for each, and its priority. Readers less familar with the REACH and CLP Regulations should know that the Forum coordinates a network of authorities responsible for enforcement of the regulations in each country or “Member State.”
Very high priority activities for the work period include the follwing:
- EU-wide coordinated REACH Enforcement Projects (REFs) such as the coordinated project concerning downstream user obligations of formulators of mixtures;
- clarification of the links between ECHA, Member State competent authorities and Member State enforcement authorities;
- access to REACH-IT by Member State enforcement authorities;
- cooperation with customs authorities, including execution of a coordinated enforcement initiative; and
- preparation of advice concerning the enforceability of REACH restriction proposals.
In addition, new rules of procedure for the Forum adopted at the recent ECHA Management Board meeting are published, along with minutes of the Forum meeting held in March of this year.
Copies of the documents are avaialble here.