Green Chemistry Regulations:
Verdant is pleased to announce that Philip Moffat will participate on a “quick teleconference” program sponsored by the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, titled “California Dreaming, Reality, or Nightmare? California’s New Paradigm in Chemicals and Products Regulation Is Coming to a Store Near You.” The December 13, 2011, teleconference will discuss the substantially revised regulations recently proposed by the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) to implement AB 1879, a new California Green Chemistry Initiative law designed to “accelerate the quest for safer products” in the state. In addition to discussing the law’s requirements and its implementation, the teleconference will provide both industry and public health perspectives.
Other speakers include:
- Philip Crowley, Assistant General Counsel, Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, NJ
- Dr. Joseph Guth, UC Berkeley Center for Green Chemistry; and the Science and Environmental Health Network, Berkeley, CA
- Dr. Jeff Wong, Chief Scientist, DTSC, Sacramento, CA
- Ann Grimaldi, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, San Francisco, CA
There are two ways to participate in this program, either attending a host site location or individual dial-in. Participation at a host site location is free of charge for ABA members, and $110 for non-members. Registration with the host site contact is required, however. The host sites are:
- San Francisco, CA
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, 101 California St., # 41
RSVP: Cynthia Kelly, (415) 267-4051 or email@example.com
- Washington, DC
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, 1900 K Street, NW
RSVP: Debbie Leitner, (202) 496-7372, firstname.lastname@example.org
The teleconference will begin promptly at 1:00 pm EasternTime, Tuesday, December 13, 2011, and last for 105 minutes.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Eastern Time / 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Central Time
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Mountain Time / 10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Pacific Time
Additional information about the teleconference is available here.